Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Road Reading Blog pgs. 1-50

   As I began to read this book I was not sure how to take this book in. It stars out with this father and his young boy in what I'm guessing post-apocalyptic America. It does not really give that to much for an introduction but as the book begins it gives you a very simple yet detailed description of where you are. What I mean is that its simple enough to the point where you can form your own picture but not detailed to the point where the book forms where you are just within the words. It is also a very simple read from what I can tell.
   I digress... as I have said before the book is in what seems to be post apocalyptic America. The sun is blotted out or is in the dwarf stage before the sun goes into supernova. This means the earth is very dim and pitch black at night. This daytime light gives the book that hopeless feeling throughout the readings. But as the book progresses it forms its own plot which starts in what is October getting closer to winter. The boy is sick with some kind of chronic sickness that is slowly taking over him as the book progresses. The father understands that if they stay one more winter up north they will surely die. But to travel in this apocalyptic world is very dangerous as there are many new threats in the world than there are today.
  As they continue to travel I cant help but think about video games I've played that remind me of such a world and how their actions resemble the actions I take within the games. Such as searching every nook and cranny for the littlest bite of healthy food or usable parts that would come in handy later on. These actions take place throughout the book and it still follows that simple yet detailed feeling to it which makes it that much more enjoyable to read.
 In my opinion the book brings a lot to the table in a very simple way. This book brings to the light most authors are scared to research and write about. It has a certain writing style that keeps you interested without too much detail. I think this book  is extremely interesting and i can't wait to see what else this book has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment